Saturday, November 9, 2013

Race day nerves or why road trips are bad for marriages

I've been up since before 5 a.m.  I didn't want to wake anyone, so I struggled to get back to sleep.  I checked Facebook.  Found out my #runwife was in a crazy car accident, but escaped mostly unscathed (thank the fairies for that).  I did a little Facebook chatting.  And then I did what any normal person would do.  I came down to the lobby and called my mommy. :)

She's in NYC with her bff.  They saw "Romeo & Juliet" on Broadway.  I felt slightly envious.

Yesterday's ride up here was a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!  Our average pace was 38.4 mph.  I mean...we almost missed the entire expo.  I had to pee with around 100 miles to go, but knew that if we stopped, we'd probably miss it.  Since this was our first opportunity to go to an expo, it seemed like we better book it.

Kelsey was so rage-y.  She made me nervous.  She kept banging the steering wheel and saying "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"  There's only room for ONE psycho/overly emotional maniac in this marriage, and I claimed that title YEARS ago.  Ima need her to be the calm, unflappable person I married. LOL

By the time we got up here, we were barely speaking.  She was upset that I kept telling her to calm down, and she was frustrated by the traffic.  I was feeling that this whole trip was going to be ruined.  We got to the race bib pick-up with 4 minutes to spare.  Most of the vendors were breaking their booths down already, which was poopy.

Wait...I skipped part.  So...before we got on the road, the wonderful people at Customize Me delivered our hoodies.  My mom designed these for her and my stepdad to wear at last week's race, but they didn't come in before Sunday.  So, I had some made up for me and Kelsey.  How cute are they?!

Front view

 
Back view
 
When we got our bibs, I was so totally incredibly excited.  See...because we're BIG TIME, we got our names on them!!!  To make matters even more delicious, we went to our pusher man at another hotel and got our tech shirts.  I'll have to post a pic of the back later, but suffice it to say, I plan to be "Running Pretty" with #DemBeauties.
 
Ready for the race
 
I came down to use the public bathroom, so I could poop in private.  See...we have 4 people in our room (my sweet Kaiysha and Amaya) drove 90 minutes to come sit outside...in the cold...to cheer us on.  Could I be any luckier?
 
If anyone reads this before 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, please send positive thoughts my way.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment